CLAIMS INVESTIGATION AND ADJUSTING
Using our experience and resources we are able to make meaningful contributions in respect of:
- The Investigation of Losses
- Opining on Cover
- Resolution of disputes
- Verifying Quantum
- Negotiating Settlements
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Material damage losses (fire, storm, flood, etal)
- Business Interruption (loss of profit). Advice, Policy Interpretation, Formulation and Presentation of Claims.
- Fidelity Guarantee/Commercial Crime Investigation. Formulation and Presentation.
- Directors and Officers Liability.
- Public and Product liability including Defective Workmanship.
- Engineering Type Losses
- Contractors All Risks
- Plant All Risks
- Project Delay
- Marine/Goods in transit
- Mining losses
- Personal Accident
- Banking/Financial Institution special cover including Errors and Omissions.
- Personal Lines
- Motor & Heavy Commercial Vehicles.
- Investigate losses/events and determine the specific types of Insurance coverage Involved and comment on the adequacy of the portfolio of Insurance covers in respect of the losses.
- Interpret Insurance Covers, Provide advice regarding the Cover and, where required, provide advice and the like in respect of the Business Recovery Process.
- Co-Ordinate and assist with the investigation, formulation and presentation of a detailed and documented claim.
- Consult, advise and co-ordinate in the engagement of the other experts, and to effectively manage the claims process.
- Attending and providing input at all meetings/discussions as necessary with the Insured/Brokers, Insurers, Loss Adjusters, consultants and other involved parties.
- Monitor, manage and direct the activities and actions of the parties involved in the “Claims” process.
- Review insurance claim rejections and repudiations and if required reinvestigate and reformulate.
- Claims Management
- Claims Staff.
- Temporary Management Assignments (Locum tenens functions)
POLICY WORDING/RISK MANAGEMENT
- Review and provide comment on Policy wordings.
- In conjunction with our associates undertake detailed Risk Identification and Risk Management Surveys.
- Review outstanding claims and reasons for settlement delays, as well as reviewing estimates.
- Review settlements and payments.
- Determine training needs.
- Review Systems and Standards.